OpenOCD Programming

You can use OpenOCD to program a .hex file to Onethinx module. It does not have to be through VSC or MTB.

Make sure you have OpenOCD installed or you can use it if you have installed a VSCode_OnethinxPack, which is found on our github (window, mac, linux).

Open cmd/therminal and locate the OpenOCD instalation folder (default Windows: C:\VSCode_OnethinxPack_Windows\tools_2.0\openocd).

and write the following:

bin\openocd -f CM4_kitprog.cfg -s ./scripts -c “program address verify exit”

where the address is replaced with location of your hex file (example: C:/Projects/HelloWorld/helloworld.hex)

Thank you so much, Tom.
That seems to put me a lot further.

Now, I tried to flash a binary, that I compiled from an example mbed-os project via:
mbed compile -t GCC_ARM -m CY8CKIT_062_BLE
I used the CY8CKIT_062_BLE target here, because it comes closest to the module I use, which is the broken off KitProg part of a CY8CPROTO-063-BLE kit.

I then tried to flash the example.hex file that was produced this way, like this:
bin/openocd -f CM4_kitprog.cfg -s ./scripts -c "program /absolute/path/to/example.hex verify exit"
But,
after flashing, when verifying, it said:

Error: checksum mismatch - attempting binary compare
 66 diff 0 address 0x10002539. Was 0x31 instead of 0xb1
 67 diff 1 address 0x1000254a. Was 0x28 instead of 0x68
 68 No more differences found.

I reproduced this several times, after resetting the module via a build/flash of an VSCode project. It is always the same two addresses with the same two values.

Where am I to dig now?

Thanks a lot for all your efforts and your patience.