LoRaWAN_Init and coreConfig

Hello,

I was wondering if the coreConfig structure has to be set before LoRaWAN_Init is called, or can its values be assigned afterwards. The reason I ask is because I want to assign to the DevEUI the value of the manufacturing DevEUI, which is found using the LoRaWAN_GetInfo function. However, LoRaWAN_Init must be called before LoRaWAN_GetInfo.

So, is it OK to call LoRaWAN_Init with a blank coreConfig structure?

Paul

Hi Paul,

It is okay to call LoRaWAN_Init with blank coreConfig stucture

Tom

Thanks, Tom.

Here’s another question about coreConfig. Is there a way to change a coreConfig parameter (say Tx Power or FPort) while the stack is running and have the change take effect without re-initializing?

Paul

Hi Paul,

You can change the parameters without needing to re-init. Meaning that you can, for example, between two sends, change the fPort or power.

Regarding the empty coreConfig (previous question), Init can be called with blank coreConfig, but should be filled in before Join / Send.

Tom

OK, now I think I get it.

It appears that the pointer to the coreConfig structure passed during the LoRaWAN_Init call is stored in the coreArguments structure. Other LoRaWAN functions can then read coreConfig members via the stored pointer.

Do I have this right?

Paul

1 Like

Correct! Well done!!