Debugger No Longer Works

Hi Rolf,

Thanks for the info. I’m starting to get a better understanding.

It is possible that I initialized the stack too early. In earlier testing I noticed that the power consumption decreased immediately after initializing the stack, so I moved the initialization up near the beginning of main(). I don’t think I put it before the CyDelay call, but I’m not certain (I need to take better notes).

I have more questions about minimizing power consumption, but I’ll start a new thread for that.

Paul

Sorry to hear that. Still working with Cypress to see if we can acquire in testmode in order to ‘unbrick’. I made some progress but still need the flash syscall code to erase the first flash row or sector.

I will let you know how it proceeds.

Debugging quit working on yet another module. This time I am certain that CyDelay(1000) was the first instruction in main() and that debugging was enabled in both coreConfig and sleepConfig. Also, I used a blue (3.3V) KitProg3 exclusively. The module was powered by the KitProg. Here is the adapter output:

I get the same output when attempting to debug other “bricked” modules. I don’t know what’s going on here, but it’s making me nervous.

Paul

Paul,

Are you able to tell if any of your program or code is running?

Rolf

I can’t tell if it’s running. I don’t remember what code I had loaded in it.

Paul

Paul,

Can you tell more about the board you’re using? Do you use a custom board or our dev-kit?

I really want to get a grip on this and see what exactly happens. Also, are you able to send some of the bricked modules back so we’re able to investigate? You’ll receive new ones for the ones you’ll send.

Best,
Rolf

Rolf,

Two of the modules were on the development board. The third one was on a board of my own design.

I can send them to you. I’ll contact you for details.

Paul

@Rolf please keep us updated on your findings. I have a single module that I managed to brick as well.