Callback Registration

Hello,

I’m using two peripherals (ADC & UART) that have callback functions generated by PSoC Creator. Application notes tell me that these callback functions have to be explicitly registered in my program before entering different power modes. However, I can’t find registration calls in any example code in the Github repository. Am I missing something?

Paul

I should clarify. I can’t find registration calls in any PSoC Creater example project on the Onethinx Github repository.

Paul

Hi Paul

Help me understand this a bit. Does this mean you wish to exit sleep on UART event?

Otherwise I think it is not needed to register anything.

Tom

Hi Tom

As I understand it (correct me if I’m wrong), certain components need to do something when transitioning to/from certain power modes. For these components, PSoC Creator generates a file with the name ComponentName_PM.c. The UART component does not have such a file, but the ADC does. The code in file ADC_PM.c can be seen below.

It has a callback structure associated with DeepSleep. Appnotes lead me to believe it has to be registered with the Cy_SysPm_RegisterCallback() function. However, the example project OnethinxCreator_ADC doesn’t do this, so I’m confused. Does the stack code somehow take care of this?

Paul

Hi Paul,

I am not exactly sure how it is handled in the stack. Maybe Rolf can explain more. But I have not registered a callback, and everything works okay. I worked on several projects for customers that needed UART, I2C, ADC, and I did not need to register a callback on the Onethinx module.

I am working on a PSoC4 project right now, and I do need to register a callback. Did the application note you read specify the PSoC version it was for?

Tom

Hi Tom,

The appnote is AN219528. It applies to all PSoC parts.

Just to complicate things more, I tried registering the ADC DeepSleep callback. After I did this, the module would not join. After I removed the registration call, the module joined correctly.

Paul