Availability, target pricing & distributors?

When will the modules be available for purchasing at what cost and from which distributors?

Hi ROSW,

We are currently revising our pricing, which means that the price of the module will be priced strategically compared to similar LoRaWAN + BLE modules (even though we really aren’t able to find an alternative which comes close).

It will be around €17.50 depending on the volumes.

We realize the indicated price may sound high at first glance. However, the Onethinx core module gives you so much more! Take a look at the following:

• Small integrated antenna
    No more hassle with large antenna’s sticking out of your device or ceramic chip antenna’s which will never perform well!

• CE/EMC/FCC RED certified (pending)
    Most LoRaWAN modules don’t come with an antenna. By adding an antenna, a new RF model is created. This means the final design has to be tested against the Radio Equipment Directive (RED).
    The Onethinx Core has a completely certified RF model (the combination of the radio chip, the RF path and the antenna) which saves a costly RED testing and certification journey.

• LoRa Alliance Certification by Similarity
    The LoRaWAN stack is securely locked down inside the module and runs safely on a separate core from the user application. Therefore, the LoRaWAN functionality cannot be compromised or interrupted by the the user application. Go with the Onethinx Core module and create a more stable solution while saving lots of money on the LoRa Alliance Certification procedure.

• Time To Market
    The Onethinx Core module is ready to use out of the box! This immediately saves you a lot of your costly engineering time for security implementations, RF path and antenna tuning, CE/FCC compliance testing and LoRa Alliance compliance. This keeps your boss happy while you can focus on creating real IoT solutions.

Hi Rolf,
I do not see pricing here - any idea of estimated module cost 1-100 and where to buy ?
Eagerly awaiting your dev kit which Marc has promised us.

Hi Onethinx team,
received the development kit yesterday (great packaging btw) and really enjoyed my first steps with the kit. Setup and programming was straightforward. The example code is great and the radio performs really well. Now I am curious about the availability, pricing and certification status of the module. Unfortunately I could not find something more up to date than this thread. Did I overlook something?

Hi!

We are currently revising our pricing, which means that the price of the module will be priced strategically compared to similar LoRaWAN + BLE modules (even though we really aren’t able to find an alternative which comes close).

It will be around €17.50 depending on the volumes.

It’s still a major advantage to have the LoRa antenne embedded. We are really happy to see the initial good results of the range, which prove we did the right thing by integrating the antenna onto the PCB.

The used PSoC6 is a really nice high performance part with astonishing low power consumption of 22 µA/MHz for the Cortex M4 in ULP mode while also being capable of running at 150MHz. It comes with a Cortex M4 FPU, BLE, peripheral and memory protection units. With 1MB flash and 256K SRAM it runs an OS effortless.

The goal is to save the developer a lot of hassle:

• no need to do your own stack implementation
  • security (SE) implementation already done
  • no need to do the complicated and tedious RF path design (in opposite to SAMR34/35, Murata etc).
  • certifications out of the box: RED, LoRa Alliance (by similarity)
  • super configurable IO’s thanks PSoC6

By lowering the price we hope to get to speed up with volumes really soon. And once we’re able to do higher volumes, price will even drop more…

1 Like